New Vacancy: Executive Assistant
Join our vibrant, unique health and film charity as a pivotal team member working with the CEO as we embark on an exciting period of growth.
MediCinema is a small, friendly UK registered charity which supports patients, their families and carers, improving their wellbeing, by building and running cinemas in hospitals and health facilities across the UK.
Last year we suported over 27,000 cinema experiences for patients and their families at our 7 MediCinemas - and we are now getting set to achieve our ambitious growth plan to double the number of cinemas we have in the UK and triple the number of people we can reach each year by 2025.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to provide Executive Assistance to our Chief Executive and small central office team. This is a new position and the post-holder will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth running of the charity at this exciting time of growth.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Team/Executive Assistant to gain an unusually varied insight into the day to day functions of a health and film charity. At the centre of the organisation, this role will have a unique level of influence and input into the achievements and developments of the charity.
Supporting the CEO – 50%
- Strategic and day to day intelligent diary management including assessing priority, liaising with colleagues and external stakeholders, coordinating appointments, travel and accommodation bookings, and liaising with venues and contacts as required
- Secretarial and administrative assistance including acting as a primary point of contact and responding promptly to emails / letters / telephone calls as required
- Minute taking at Board and other committee meetings
- Support with the management of the board of Trustees, including preparation of papers, minutes, dates and diary management, and any other governance requirements
- Manage the process of proactively briefing the CEO to ensure that she is fully prepared for all engagements
- Capturing and writing up notes from CEO and team where required
- Preparing presentations for CEO / Team
- Complete research on behalf of the CEO / Team
- Support the CEO’s supporter and other external relationships: track the CEO’s engagements and contacts (CRM maintenance), act as the point of contact for any queries to and/or from the CEO, oversee the hospitality of guests who are meeting with the CEO or the team
- Undertake and coordinate organisational projects in support of the CEO
- Maintain an overview of organisational issues and assist with internal communication
- Co-ordinating inductions where required e.g. direct reports of CEO, new Trustees
Event management – 20%
- Administrative management of the charity’s Red Carpet Club (members of which buy tickets to film premieres and previews donated by our partners in the film industry) and development of this income stream and donor base with the fundraising team
- Coordination and management of MediCinema events, both internal and external – including MediCinema open events, donor cultivation events, annual film industry quiz and fundraising galas, and annual team away days
Administration and data management – 20%
- Ensure accurate and up to date electronic and paper filing systems are maintained, including supporting the requirements for GDPR
- Arrange and minute meetings as necessary
- Process invoices and expenses claims, and other administration tasks as required
- Support the collation of operational statistics and questionnaires
- Carry out administrative tasks as delegated by CEO
Office management – 5%
- Act as first point of contact for the charity, monitoring the general email address and answering the phones. Ensure emails are forwarded to the relevant person and responded to in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Office management for our small office, including taking responsibility for IT, stationery, supplies, etc
- Developing and maintaining administrative systems and organisational procedures for the team
General MediCinema Activities – 5%
- Communication: Communicate effectively with all team members, ensuring an inclusive and whole organisation approach to ensure all team members have relevant and required information in a timely fashion
- Strategic development: Taking an active role in supporting the strategic development of the organisation, its partnerships, profile and fundraising
- Undertake other tasks, projects and duties as reasonably required or requested by the CEO
- MediCinema is a small team and staff members are expected to support each other and share cross-organisational work in addition to fulfilling individual responsibilities.
MediCinema is seeking a highly organised, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who can demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Proven experience providing administrative assistance to multiple stakeholders in a busy office environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a professional manner and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of senior partners and high profile stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and administration skills including a meticulous attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Proven and demonstrable ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, capable of using own initiative to judge when to escalate matters
- The ability to work flexibly and maintain high standards whilst juggling competing demands
- Proven ability to prioritise efficiently and work effectively, working within time constraints and judging organisational priorities
- Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- A great team player with a pro-active, confident and 'can-do' approach and the ability to work effectively in a small team
- The ability to carry out duties with good humour, tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality where appropriate
- The ability to use initiative and contribute new ideas
- A commitment to and affinity with MediCinema’s core mission
- Proven experience providing high level executive assistance to senior members of staff
- Interest in healthcare, wellbeing, film and / or fundraising
- Experience of data management
To apply please send your CV and a supporting statement (no more than 1 side of A4) outlining how you meet the job criteria and person specification and why you want to work with us to JennyAGeorge@aol.com. Candidates must have the necessary right to work in the UK authorisation.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 10th May
1st Interviews: Monday 21st May