We're recruiting! - Communications and Marketing Manager
Do you want to use your skills to make a real and tangible difference to very sick people and their families at the time they need it most?
Are you looking for an opportunity to be both strategic and hands on as part of a small but vibrant, growing team?
Then we'd love to hear from you. Apply by 26th September, full details below:
PR & Communications strategy and implementation
- Develop a PR strategy to support and promote MediCinema across the UK. In doing so, offer innovative and creative PR solutions that span across everything MediCinema does, to ensure that we are increasingly seen (grow awareness), supported (increase donations) and understood.
- Deliver a programme of high profile, high impact media campaigns that promote MediCinema’s purpose and patient stories (including national campaigns and partnerships, local marketing initiatives and events) to achieve awareness and fundraising targets.
- Develop a relationship with the industry partners (and their agencies) to promote MediCinema in any cinema industry initiatives relevant to MediCinema’s mission, messaging, campaigns and target audiences.
- Establish KPI’s for PR, Publicity & Comms activity going forward and track quarterly
- Manage all media enquiries in a pro-active way
- Develop close relationships with the PR & publicity teams of distribution, exhibition and our hospital partners to ensure that all relevant opportunities are identified and optimised
- Responsible for building relationships and maintaining a network of cinema industry, healthcare partner and media contacts.
- Monitor the press and ensure that all senior execs and other stakeholders are aware of any relevant news items / developments.
- Support partners in drafting - and own / write where necessary - press releases, speeches, award submissions and media holding statements
- Oversee the production of all marketing materials and channels, working with creative agencies and media teams as required, and the MediCinema team to support this where appropriate
- Identify and work with external agencies to complement the strategy. Find cost effective ways to provide the charity with first class expertise.
- Evaluate and critique marketing, PR and communication activities and events
- Work closely with the team to analyse market trends and target donor groups, both existing and potential
- Manage PR and marketing budget
- Grow and engage our reach through digital communications
- Oversee and manage the website in all respects, maintaining its currency and relevance at all times, and ensuring we have the right expertise on board to support this
- Create a coherent social community strategy to drive reach and engagement via core channels
- Oversee, working with the social media volunteer, the day to day management of social channels to promote other marketing / MediCinema initiatives, and support the volunteer to deliver a monthly content calendar and a steady stream of engaging social content across core channels.
- Create a genuine community from the existing pool of fans & followers and find new followers and fans
- Deliver campaigns that can live, or be amplified across, our social channels
- Starting conversations, responding to issues, moderation where appropriate, riffing off and enhancing of positive sentiments in the community.
- Help bring social into MediCinema venues. Understand the opportunities that exist within our estate to have social presence & enable the team and beneficiaries’ confidence & propensity in using our social channels.
Brand Management & Patron involvement
- Keep the brand consistent and up to date in all spaces (logo, pictures, language etc)
- Ensure that a consistent and quality image is portrayed at all times and delivered across all marketing activities and events
- Lead, with the CEO, on patron, ambassador and high profile supporter engagement strategy and management
General MediCinema Activities
- Communication: Communicate effectively with all team members, ensuring an inclusive and whole organisation approach to ensure all team members have relevant and required information in a timely fashion
- Strategic development: Taking an active role in supporting the strategic development of the organisation, its partnerships, profile and fundraising
- Undertake other tasks, projects and duties as reasonably required or requested by the CEO
MediCinema is a small team and staff members are expected to support each other and share cross-organisational work in addition to fulfilling individual responsibilities.
MediCinema is seeking a highly creative, self-motivated individual who can demonstrate the following skills and qualities alongside proven experience and success.
Proven experience likely to be have been gained from at least 5 years of experience in a similar role, including:
- Planning and delivering successful communications/PR strategy and activity
- Demonstrable record of successful proactive and reactive media engagement, and of press / PR / journalist relationships
- Previous experience of design, planning and implementation of a brand strategy and marketing campaign using a variety of marketing channels, both online & offline
- Design and layout of documents and social media content
- Expertise in growing and maintaining a social media presence
- Collaborative working with external partners and agencies, extracting proven value
- Some experience of marketing best practise – guidelines creation and policing, benchmarks, etc
- Departmental budget management
- Using analytics to drive performance
- A creative, strategic thinker, able to spot opportunities and build inspiring campaigns
- An ability to build strong relationships
- An engaging writer
- Team Player skills - demonstrate ability to work as part of a small, close-knit team
- Organised and methodical work ethic with excellent time management skills
- Ability to deliver effectively in multiple areas at once
- Excellent planning and organisational skills / ability to juggle effectively and calmly
- Personal gravitas and effective influencing and persuasion skills
- Exceptional oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under own initiative, managing own workload and ability to work collaboratively when required
- Ability to span the big to the small – for example, setting a PR strategy but also writing the press releases and influencing/meeting with the Press to get them placed.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- The ability to analyse, interpret and present complex information
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound IT skills
- Strong personal drive and ambition, a self-starter able to work independently yet judge when and how to update and involve senior colleagues
- High level of dependability, flexibility / adaptability and integrity
- An interest in charity marketing and messaging, and understanding of key issues and requirements
- A keen understanding of and affinity for MediCinema’s mission
To apply please send your CV and a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining how you meet the job criteria and person specification and why you want to work with us to JennyAGeorge@aol.com. Candidates must have the necessary right to work in the UK authorisation.
Closing date for applications: Weds 26th September